To use services like sending text messages or making calls you need to top up your phone and add credit to your account. There are many ways you can top up your pay as you go phone.
HOW TO TOP UP ONLINE
- Top up from Your Account (you’ll need to log in first)
- Top up with a voucher (bingo - no need to log in)
- Top up with a credit card (anonymous top up and you don’t need to log in first)
HOW TO TOP UP VIA TEXT
- Log into Your Account or call 450 from your Orange phone (or 07973 100 450 from any other phone) to register a credit or debit card to your account
- Text the last 4 digits of your credit or debit card, the 2 digit top up amount (this can be £5, £10, £15, £20, £30, £40 or £50) and the 3 digit card security code (4 digits for Amex cards) to 2886. For example, 9472 05 675. To top up £5 type '05'
- Save 2886 as 'Top up' in your address book
- Once you've sent the text message remember to delete it from your sent items
HOW TO TOP UP VIA PHONE
And if text top ups aren't for you, you can always call 450 from your Orange phone (or 07973 100 450 from any other phone) to top up with a credit or debit card or a voucher.
Tip: If you're abroad you won't be able to use text top up whilst you're on holiday, remember that you can still top up online or you can call +44 7973 100 450 and top up with a credit or debit card over the phone.
HOW TO TOP UP AT AN ATM
There are over 50,000 ATM's that you can use to top up your phone, or someone else's phone. Look for the green top up logo on the ATM.
At the ATM
- Insert the payment card that you want to use and enter your PIN as normal
- Select 'mobile phone top up' from the main menu of the ATM
- Select 'Orange'
- Choose amount (£10, £15, £20, £30, £40 or £50)
- Enter the mobile number you wish to top up (you’ll be asked to enter this twice to make sure the correct mobile phone is topped up)
You’ll get confirmation that the top up has been successful on the ATM screen as well as a printed receipt, and it will be applied to your phone immediately.
Tip: You can dial 453 from your handset to check your airtime balance.