If you’re moving from Orange to EE, it’s a simple process to get your new EE SIM up and running.
Once you have your new 4GEE SIM, follow these steps:
- Put your new EE SIM into your phone - it will activate automatically. Please note - this could take up to 30 minutes, but will usually happen much faster.
- You'll know you're connected when you see a coverage sign and 'EE' displayed on your phone.
You're good to go.
A couple more things to know
It's so simple you won't even get an activation text message from us. You'll get some network updates as text messages for Voicemail, and some new settings.
While you're waiting for the EE sign on your phone, you can still make calls, texts and use data. But you won't be able to receive calls or texts on your new number until the changeover is complete.
If you're using an Apple device, you may need to refresh iMessage so it shows the correct mobile number. Here’s what to do:
- Go to Settings > Messages.
- Turn iMessage off, wait 10 seconds and turn iMessage on again
- Go to Settings > Phone and make sure 'My Number' shows your correct mobile number. If not, just tap on My Number and type in your correct number.
You’re good to go.