Follow these instructions to create a Microsoft account on your Nokia Lumia 520.
Please note: It's not possible to remove a Microsoft account once applied to the phone without a hard reset of the device, however if you need to change passwords and other email settings, this can be done by going to: Settings >> email + accounts >> Tap on the Microsoft account.
- You can create a Microsoft account with a Live email address.
- If you skipped the option to create or add a Microsoft account during the setup wizard, tap Games then swipe across and tap join Xbox or sign in.
- Tap sign in then tap create one.
- Enter the email address you wish to create in the Microsoft account field then tap Next.
- If the email address entered is already in use you have two options:
To see a list of suggested IDs to choose from, tap Show Available IDs.
If you would like to try a different ID, you need to enter it in the Microsoft account field and tap Next to continue.
- Once you have chosen an available Microsoft account, you will be prompted to set the password for that account.
- In the Password field, type a case-sensitive password that is at least six characters long.
- In the Retype password field, confirm the password by entering it a second time.
- Tap Next to continue.
- The password, along with the new Microsoft account, will be stored on the phone.
- The last step is to provide details of an existing email address which you may own. If you forget the password to this Microsoft account you can have it sent to this existing email address by visiting: http://login.live.com/ and clicking Can't access your account?